When you refinance, certain documents and information will help the process move forward more quickly. Below are listed some of the more common documents needed to refinance. The more information you have on-hand, the faster your refinancing will go.
You are likely to need Employment Information
- Most recent 30 days of pay stubs (copies)
- W-2 forms—past 2 years’ (copies)
- Federal income tax returns for the last 2 years IF you are self-employed, own over 25% of a business or have other income or expenses. (copies)
Assets & Obligations Information
- Most recent 2 months statements from the checking and/or savings account. (copies)
- Most recent statement for investment(s) or retirement accounts. (copies)
- Name and contact information of your homeowners insurance agent.
Additional Refinance Information